Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class

Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class
Spring 2016 @ Doubledutch

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Week three in Mission Techies Headquarters

This week during the mission techies course there were a lot of exciting new things that went on  at Mission Techies Head Quarters.

Monday we took apart PC's in order to familiarize ourselves with the inside of a PC. That was fun and not too difficult.

Tuesday we learned how to set up a basic Network (LAN). Leo separated us into two groups and allowed us to figure it out on our own. My project manager was Jennifer. She let us all set up the network to our computer and then directed us to test the speed of the network to find out if it was running properly and if it could access different websites. Setting up a network wasn't to difficult the challenge for us was figuring out where to put the cables so that they would not cause a safety hazard.

Thursday we took apart laptops and let me tell you it is not nearly as easy as it was to take apart the PC's. Do you have any idea as to how many screws I had to Unscrew? Lord, was that a hastle. I used little pieces of papers with labels to where the screws went to keep track of all the little screws. Yet I still managed to misplace one or two. For me the hard part was taking it apart because I had no idea as to how many things where needed to be taken out. I was so excited to put my computer back together once I had identified the components that I had forgot to put the dvd player back in before screwing on the keyboard. I ended up having to go back and take apart the laptop just to insert the dvd player. When I had finally put all the components back in the laptop screwing everything back in was a piece of cake. I really enjoyed myself and can't wait to take apart another laptop.

Until Next Time....

Xoxo
-Arleth

No comments:

Post a Comment