Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class

Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class
Spring 2016 @ Doubledutch

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Mission Techies Week 6

We attended the Get Connected event on Saturday. It was awesome helping families get connected with technology! I got to work with kids and their families, one of the kids I helped out won a Google Cardboard. They were so happy! It was my first technology event to volunteer at and I had a blast, time flew by. 

Monday we inputted data from the Get Connected event and practiced tech support. We also started coding! 

Tuesday we had job readiness training and our financial capability workshop. I also met with my mentor, she's awesome. My mentor is a software developer so she helped me out with some of the coding terms and described them in better detail for me to understand. We got together again and went over modulus and how that works, I'm starting to get a better grasp of that. She is so insightful, I really appreciate her guidance. 

Thursday (today) I got a job at TWITTER and I'm still in shock about that. I will be a moderator helping people with their hacked accounts and banning explicit images and information. I will be cross trained in different departments and there is room for growth! The pay is really good too! Twitter's establishment is so fancy and cool! I can't believe I get to work there. I even get my own Twitter badge..wow.

Today (Thursday) Susana and I worked on an Acer Aspire One netbook that has no OS. The hard drive is damaged and we tried a bunch of different things to try and make it work. We are still trying to figure it out (Ubuntu is uploading on to it currently..hopefully). It seems we got one of the most difficult projects, bring it on.

I still can't believe I got a job with Twitter. I know for a fact Mission Techies helped get me that job because I was talking about a bunch of tech related things during my interview, I think that showed my intelligence.

My future is looking so bright. I can't believe how much has changed since I have entered this techie academy.

I <3 my lil tech group. We are like Leo's other children, he always has to tell us to stop eating candy and messing with each other. We all have roles, it's really cute. I always look forward to class at Mission Techies.

TechSF came by today, I think i'm going to do the coding for non coders workshop. I would do the graphic design one but I already know how to do that, though it would be fun.

Well, that's all for now.

Until next time,

RAM -Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment