Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class

Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class
Spring 2016 @ Doubledutch

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Week 3: Hardware-PC, Job Readiness, and MORE HARDWARE - Laptops

Week three started off Monday when we got to take apart PC and put them back together. Well taking them apart was the easy task but putting back together was the challenge. lucky for me i took pictures of all the components and what they were connected too so it would be easier to put back together. I had a lot of fun knowing that i could take apart a PC and put it back together.

Tuesday was a very busy day starting off with our elevator pitches. I think i did okay with the way i carried myself but i have to work on clear speaking and not saying "ummm...". After learning our hour or two of job readiness. we went straight into networking. Learning what a WAN and a LAN was pretty interesting. I looked forward to the more hands on training with connecting Peer to Peer. it was Jenny, Arleth, Nelson, and myself in a group project going into the Peer to Peer activity. I felt our team did an excellent job other than the horrible cable mess on the floor which can be easily fixed with tape.

Thursday was a tough challenge with laptops. The same thing with the PC, we had to take them apart and put them back together. But I was up to the task on hand. I felt like taking apart the laptop a little frustrating when it wouldn't come apart. I felt like if i used the same method with the PC taking pictures would speed things up but my phone was dead. So it was all mental at that point. it took awhile to take apart the laptop but it was done before the break time we have. it took me the whole day before I could put it back together. Overall it was a very productive week and I look forward to continuing to learn more.

-MichaelSoft

No comments:

Post a Comment