Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class

Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class
Spring 2016 @ Doubledutch

Monday, October 5, 2015









                                                        

                                                                   Our second week



 
My experience at Mission techies is getting more interesting as the days passes by. Monday the 28th had a lot of new ways for us to realize where exactly do we see ourselves at the end of this journey. I personally have been developing more interest in software. We also did an activity about hardware were we had the task of identifying the components. Tuesday was fun for me because I was excited to work with Olivia about job readiness. I still get nervous just to think about elevated pitch, but I know I am here to learn and to get the best advice that experienced people can offer me. We also did IT inventory and developed a new skill, we started using the spreadsheets to type our tech products and their serial numbers, we also had to add the day they were purchased or donated. I find interesting that a lot of places donate stuff to non-profit organizations like MEDA to give us the opportunity to learn and get involved in the tech industry. Friday was definitely my favorite day of the week because we had the opportunity to go to Google and get advice from professionals and see their work environment. It’s funny because I usually hear bad things about techies but I had the pleasure to chat with some of them and I thought they were helpful and shared great ideas for us to see that everything is possible when you really work hard for your goals. They encouraged us to never give up. This week was absolutely great and I am ready for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment