Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class

Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class
Spring 2016 @ Doubledutch

Friday, July 31, 2015

Week 4

This week we covered a lot of new topics. On Monday we got to take apart Macbooks. It was actually harder than I thought because even though they're much more organized than PCs there's a lot of screws and you have to remember which screws go where. We also learned about open source software which was really interesting. I didn't know that there were operating systems like Ubuntu that you could download and run for free. We downloaded Ubuntu onto six laptops and even though it took longer than expected it felt really good to be able to accomplish the task. The Ubuntu OS is actually really smooth and in some ways I feel like is better than Windows because it's so much simpler. The guest speakers from Google were really interesting. One of the speakers, Luis, talked about how he loved math and kept pursuing it throughout college and I can really relate to that because I also really love math and am really excited about taking math courses in college. Overall, this week was very eventful and I can't wait for next week!
-JanRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment