Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class

Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class
Spring 2016 @ Doubledutch

Thursday, August 13, 2015

week 6


My Mission Techies experience

Well my overall summer was fantastic! Went from Costa Rica to an amazing experience at the Mission Techies program! Got to say the summer 2015 was unforgettable. I’m super glad for these 6 weeks. Yes we all know I sacrificed a whole of time I could be doing absolutely nothing; but I’m glad I did this because I learned a whole lot that helped me/ guide me to the path I would like to pursue. All the time put into this was worth it because I feel like I grew as a person and well learned a whole lot of factors I can take with me to the big world. As I’m going into my senior year I feel that I’m taking a whole lot with me, such as coding, hardware and software knowledge. The most exciting experience for me was being to put together and take apart a computer! That’s where I realized that I would like to do something with computers especially in the hardware department. As we all know the coding part was not one of my strength and it was pretty obvious, I did learn a couple things I can take with myself.
            Learning from software, hardware, coding to learning business communication as well as financial capability was great because -yes, I did know a little about each area but- now I have a complete understanding on what I need to keep doing to succeed. Honestly, I will never forget this program! It honestly has impacted my life not only for me but my colleagues and family. Where it has helped me realize what I need to keep doing to be one of the few women in the tech field especially coming from sf to be in the tech world.
Spending over 100 hours coming Monday thru Friday I have developed not only great friends but family! Being able to have the opportunity to visit companies such as Double Dutch, and Year up gave me the opportunity to develop a sense on how I would like to see myself in the future.
             As this program is coming to an end I would like to thank Leo for being there for everyone especially myself.   

-Esmeralda  

No comments:

Post a Comment