Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class

Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class
Spring 2016 @ Doubledutch

Friday, August 7, 2015

Week 5

Today we had presentations for business communication class. It was really interesting because I learned a lot about drug cartels, solar power, energy, pit bulls, and more. I learned that granny smith apples can only be grown on a specific tree in Sydney, Australia and I didn't know that before. I also didn't know that granny smith apples have a lot of antioxidants, are low in calories, and can help weight loss because they increase satiety. I also liked the presentations about self-driven cars and cars. I learned that Google has already successfully created a self-driven car that works. It blows my mind to think that in five years cars will be driving themselves and people won't have to steer or pay attention to the road. On Tuesday, we worked on crimping cables and creating a crossover cable. It was really cool to take apart wires and order them so that each end of the cable has a corresponding cable and when we plug it into the tester all 8 lights lit up. It was really annoying at first because we had to make sure each of the 8 individual wires were cut in line and we also had to remove the plastic covering carefully. We had to restart a lot of times because we kept accidentally cutting off the whole wire. In tech support, Martin, Esmeralda, and I had a Dell PC that wasn't turning on so we replaced the power source and RAM from an identical PC we had in the lab, and it actually worked! It felt really nice to fix the computer. I'm really sad that we only have a week left. I feel like there is so much more to learn and I will make the most out of next week!

-JanRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment