Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class

Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class
Spring 2016 @ Doubledutch

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

My eight week as a Mission Techie.

This is now my eight week as a Mission Techie and this is also my last week a Mission Techie student in the program. It is also the busiest of all the weeks in the program because this is now the time to apply all the knowledge and skills that we gained from MEDA.

Our first job of the week is to continue all the tickets that are still open in the MEDA Repair Shop system. Each of us was assigned ticket to focus on. We were taught to read the ticket carefully and do the correct procedures in documenting our work. At first we did some mistakes (documenting), but as we continue doing it, everything becomes automatic. We spend hours researching, follow-ups, installing, documenting which didn’t stop until we had fixed the client’s computer.

It was really a nice experience because it’s an actual real world scenario. Unlike before where we are experimenting test computers, this time we are now dealing with client computers wherein there is no room for carelessness and mistakes.

Also this week, we, together with Bank Tellers student, did a roadmap of our career goals for the next months in the FINCAP session. My roadmap deviates a little bit from what I have created when I was still in my native country. I realized that I made some shortcuts in the past that are unnecessary, so I did some tweaks and put steps that are needed to achieve my goals (like education in college, internships, etc).

After finalizing my roadmap, I have now a clear picture of what will I do and who will I be for the next months to come. I know the road to success that I have to take is not easy. It may have lots of curves, narrow edges, etc. But I’m not afraid of it. Because Mission Techie Program taught me to be brave, bold, and to believe on myself that I can do it. And if ever I get lost in the road, I know my MEDA family would be always there to give me directions.

I am really thankful that I became a Mission Techie student. Without this, probably I still don't know what I wanted to do in life. Probably, I would also be the same guy, who had lost hope of getting in the tech industry, and thinking of going back to his native country to work there. But thanks the Mission Techie program, I was given hope and directions.

Alright! I don’t want to make this post any longer. Thank you so much for reading it! Hope you have a wonderful day and Switch and Tower Port chop is now signing off. Bye :)!

-Switch and Tower Port chop

No comments:

Post a Comment