Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class

Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class
Spring 2016 @ Doubledutch

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Halfway to the Program

All I can say is WOW! When I took this group back in May 5th, 2015 I did not what to expect, I had an idea of what the cohort will look like during the selection/interviewing process.

But once we started working on this two month intensive daily spring session I did realize of the wonderful talent I had in front of me!

Halfway through the program I have seen these amazing young adults that come in on a daily basis learning IT skills; not only the IT skills they need to obtain a job in the tech industry but also the eagerness to learn new ways of using technology. I have seen their eyes and smiles, every time we do something like taking Mack Books apart. "It's not easy" a few had say but to me is all about sharing the knowledge that I did not have when I was growing up in the Mission District. These techies have something unique and different from the other breeds. They have punctuality (you know who you are); they work very hard, they do their homework and not matter what goes on their lives away from the techies program they will be here from Mon-Thu between 1pm - 5pm.

Keep up the good work techies as I am looking forward to June 30th, when I will see you big smile graduating from the Mission Techies Spring 2015 session.

Tera Byte Sensei!

No comments:

Post a Comment