Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class

Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class
Spring 2016 @ Doubledutch

Thursday, June 4, 2015

My fifth week as a Mission Techie.

This week we learned new skills. We learned how to take MacBook Pro apart. We examined it piece by piece from the logic board (motherboard in PC) up to the airport terminal (PC wireless component). All screws that we took apart are almost similar which save me time in disassembling-assembling process.

We also learned how to use Gmetrix (Test Engine) which I find really informative and helpful in obtaining Microsoft Excel Certification. It has practical instructions in it, and if you’re stuck, you can just press the “hint” button to see the best practices of Microsoft in doing that instruction.

Another thing, Leo helped us decide on which nickname we are going to use in our blog. It’s a tradition that every mission techie should decide a nickname that is related to technology. Mine, I chose “Switch and Tower Port chop” which sounds similar to “Sweet and Sour Pork chop.” I chose this nickname (though is long) is because I love networking and I love pork chop.

Last, we learned a new concept in Java which is getting input from a user which I find really powerful.

Switch and Tower Port chop

No comments:

Post a Comment