Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class

Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class
Spring 2016 @ Doubledutch

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Fall program first week






Fall program first week
 
 
 
My first week as a mission techie has been quite an experience. I heard of MEDA as I was browsing the web for opportunities for affordable housing and it lead to the mission techies program. For me was a little bit hard to make the decision to commit to this program due to having a daughter of the age of two without childcare. Leo encourage me to try it and commit for 144hours. After talking to my husband we both decided this is an opportunity that can lead me to a career or a job. The first day was orientation where we learned what the program is about and everything that we will work in the next 12 weeks. Our first day as a Mission techie was on September the 21st at 1:00pm, we did a TABE Assessment and we also had a talk with Leah that works on the Mentorship program. On Tuesday we had to present our Skill chart and give a little bit of background about ourselves, it helped me a lot to realize what type of skill do I have and what do I need to work on. At the presentation we had a few guests from Year Up and Frog that sat down and observed us. We also had to go to out and do an activity with a classmate to do some research at some tech shops. On Thursday we did It Waste Activity where we had to do inventory and give out some products that do not work anymore for an event. We talked about operational procedures and we started writing on the blog. I find the program very interesting and I am glad I was able to work out my situation to be part of this great opportunity that was presented to me at the right time. I am looking forward for any adventures that this can lead to.
 
 
 
Susana Ramirez.

No comments:

Post a Comment