Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class

Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class
Spring 2016 @ Doubledutch

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Elijah Toluao 2/26

This week was very interesting and fun. We got a little preview of the things we'll be doing throughout the mission techies program. I'm really excited to learn more about coding. It's something I have no idea about but from the slides and the first few classes, It's got me feeling really good. We also had a few visitors from a start up company called One Degree. One of our assignments is to get as many people as we can to check out the site. I think the site is really good. Its a lot more efficient than if I was using Google. I really like that the searches are straight to the point and there aren't that many ads that are distractions. On Tuesday we had a visit from Rachel, she shared with us her case study on MEDA and the mission techies program. It was a great case study. Some of the things we talked about was how the Tech Industry isn't that diverse. I feel the mission techies program is a great program over all because we are getting people from our community and giving them experience and a chance to make it in the tech world. Also since mission techies is really diverse, we are kind of balancing the diversity gap in the Tech Industry as well. I thoroughly enjoyed my first full week at the mission techies program and I can't wait to be back next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment