Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class

Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class
Spring 2016 @ Doubledutch

Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 8 Mission Head Quarters

Hello amigos,

The end of our time here is approaching faster than expected. I feel as if just yesterday was Day one of the Mission Techies classes. I have learned so much during my team here more then just basic IT skills. I have also learned to create a resume, elevator pitch, network, and have gotten many more communication skills. I'm very excited for all that is to come in the following weeks.

Monday, we went to SoundCloud, yaii!!! lol The staff at soundcloud did a career panel for us, in which we were able to do a Q&A. They asked us about our interest and gave us advice on how we could go about pursuing a career in what we were interested. After, we did individual Q&A with the staff of our choice in which we were able to ask them more about their job and what it consist of. I was paired up with Jane she works with the artist on SoundCloud and helps connect them with others so that their music is heard by more people. I was able to get her & Amy's (Office Assistant) email. After, SoundCloud we came back to MEDA and did some more customer service.

Tuesday, we continued doing customer service. Chi and I worked on a laptop that wasn't connecting the internet. We worked on it all day, even tried taking it apart to see if it was an issue with the hardware. Yet it still would not work.

Thursday, was the last day of customer service. We closed most tickets and jumped back into the curriculum.  Leo gave a lesson on coding and that was pretty interesting. I've been learning a lot about the language of computers...I like it. (:

Untill next time
xoxo
-Arleth

No comments:

Post a Comment