Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class

Mission Techies Spring 2016 Class
Spring 2016 @ Doubledutch

Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 7th!!



Week 7th arrived and it's starting to give me mixed feelings because I am seeing the end however I can see a lot of difference from when I started to today. MEDA has given me the confidence to be able to walk to a job fair. On Monday we did technical support, I personally was working in a notebook that didn't have operating system, this particular laptop didn't have a CD-ROM so it was a bit of a challenge, I tried installing Ubuntu (different OS than Windows) several times, after not working out I decided to open up the computer and see if maybe the hard drive was loose. I discovered that it had a hard drive failure so I contacted the customer and he decided to purchase a different hard drive because he wants to send the notebook to his family in Venezuela, this makes me feel like I want to work harder for this device because I know how hard it is to purchase things in another country. On Tuesday we kept working on technical support, once we got done we continued with our coding lessons, I personally love coding. Wednesday I met up with Jiwon, he helped me with my resume and with my next challenge in life, I was so grateful to spend time with someone that has a lot of experience and that took his time to help me figure it out my next big step. Friday we went to the job fair for start ups in San Francisco, it was a little bit overwhelming due to seeing a lot of people apply for jobs, I overcame my fears and started talking to people. I am so excited for what is next in my life and I am also so content that I found MEDA because it keeps helping me achieve my goals.


Susware <3

No comments:

Post a Comment